Sunday, April 15, 2007

Some outside house pics

This is Mister Lincoln. That's the official name of this rose variety. It's doing the best of the six roses I have right now and produces big, bright red blooms that smell wonderful.








This is Moon Shadow. Again, the official name. It produces more blooms than Mister Lincoln although it has more fungus, which I'm working on getting rid of. That's what happens when you abandon a plant in January and new owners don't move in till March. At any rate, the flowers are really pretty and every time I spot this bush I get that Cat Stevens song in my head.





This is the front of the house, minus most of the garage since Mason's truck is parked out front and blocks most of it. Sorry about the spot in the bottom corner; my Photoshop skills aren't advanced enough to get rid of it. I love having a front porch. It's something I always wanted and didn't think I'd get since not many houses in Austin have them. I got lucky.





Today I bought a nectarine tree and a lemon tree, fulfilling my dream of having fruit trees in the backyard. As I dug the hole to plant the nectarine tree, I hit several large rocks (up to 12 inches long -- huge!) and was reminded why lots of plants don't grow well here. Let's hope my fruit trees do well.

No comments: