Thursday, June 14, 2007

Vegas, a cold, and fine restaurant dress

So, today's our anniversary (3 years!) and we are in Vegas. We started the week in California and will end it here. I'll post more details later, but for now I will say that all was well until I woke up with a nasty cold today. Which blows. The kicker is that we had reservations at Mesa Grill for dinner, which is Bobby Flay's restaurant in Caesar's.

I tried to act normal this morning, thinking it was just allergies. The weather in CA was really cool (in the 50s in the morning) and I thought maybe the climate change was the cause for my scratchy throat and congestion. But no. The good part is that I was still able to enjoy our dinner, which was so delicious and really fun. We even brought a bottle of wine that we bought in CA and had it with our food. So yay for good food and wine, and nay for people's clothing at Mesa Grill, which brings me to the final part of this uplifting post.

I admit that Mason and I can be snobs about some things. Dress at nice restaurants is one of them. Our feeling is, if you have to make reservations at a venue a week in advance, you should probably dress at least in church clothes for your meal. Tonight, we saw all kinds of crazy stuff, including denim shorts (on men and women), Birkenstocks (hello 1977) with and without socks, tank tops, and the like. You get the picture. Of course we quietly made fun of them.

Come on, people. Put on some pants and real shoes. It's not difficult. It's a four-star restaurant in one of the most famous cities in the world. Dress like it.

Anywho, enough ranting. Just had to get that out before I go to bed. And speaking of that, my Nyquil is kicking in so I am off. More later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]aktuelles wetter[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]schlechtes wetter[b][/url]